Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Start A War

Exclamation Start A War

(I forgot that the thread related to this song was deleted...It's a shame cause we've lost all the info we had and reactions from fans.

Anyway, just to say that someone created a wikipedia page about the song. I didn't know you could create a page about unreleased/rumoured stuff.)

EDIT: #StartAWar event artwork (edited on Feb. 1, 2018)

Here's a twitter account https://twitter.com/ReleaseSAW to incite fans to spread the word. We should be tweeting with increasing prominence next Wednesday, on Feb 7, but we can start already anyway, to let other fans know about it.
    The idea is to tweet mainly @gwenstefani, @interscope, @interscopepromo and @Sia using the hashtags #ReleaseStartAWar #StartAWar and attach the artwork below.

One of the images used during Gwen's performance and it's originally from Fred Astaire's Top Hat movie set.
    Last edited by peek-a-boo; 02-01-2018 at 02:58 PM.
    So tell me what's so great about perfect?

Never gonna happen was looking promising for a minute there.

Did the mods really delete the previous thread? Why? They should be happy a few of us are actually posting on here that aren't spammers. Way to go mods!!

^ I think anarchy or another user posted some links and they deleted it...

I find it hard to believe that there's a promo CD floating around and hasn't leaked at all... but if it's individually watermarked, I guess it won't happen. Tbh after reading the kind of warning they put on the cover, I'd also be too scared to share anything.

Several promo CDs have this kind of warning: "Please note: This CD has been individually watermarked with a unique identification number embedded in the music. This number is traceable directly to the authorized recipient, which allows us to identify the source of any unauthorized copies or other reproductions of the music contained on this CD. The watermark is not changed or destroyed by extracting clips of the music, or by using any compression technology such as MP3. The sound quality of the audio playback is not affected. This CD is intended to be listened to solely by the authorized recipient and no portion of its contents may be copied or reproduced in any manner, nor made available in any manner to any third party (whether by means of streaming, so-called ‘peer-to-peer’ networks or otherwise). This CD should not be played in a computer. Thank you in advance for your understanding… Enjoy!"
    Last edited by peek-a-boo; 02-21-2017 at 04:28 PM.

Btw I still wonder if this song was supposed to be a No Doubt song, like Shine with Pharrell. Remember that Sia and Pharrell were in the studio with them in 2013.

Bump. In the memory of SAW! It'll be eternally remembered by all your weirdo fans, Gwen! RIP

Feeling kinda veggie myself

Guess this song could be about her fans... lol She clearly started a war and it's gotten ugly. She should do some lyric changes and leak it.

EIT uploaded another live version of "Start A War" on youtube.

Why don't fans demand a release of Start A War? Interscope should put this on iTunes as a standalone non-album track, without any promo. Many artists do that, even with covers they record, just for the fans.

I agree with this comment:

"We seriously should just ask her on Twitter or something to put the studio version on iTunes. I can accept her decision to not include Start A War on her album, but it would be so cool to at least be able to buy it as a standalone non-album track. I think if hundreds of people asked her to release it, we might actually get lucky."

Didn’t she recently say that she still “has” this song?
    I can’t remember the name of the mag but it was the same interview where she spoke about another Sia song originally being offered to her/ND.
    Anyways when I read that I thought there may still be a chance that she releases it. Maybe she is waiting for the right moment , like a soundtrack or something.

But I’m all game for the fans requesting it get released. I’m just not sure how many fans actually care. And do we just at her on Twitter? Maybe a petition could be better and once it has a lot of sigs we bring it to Gs attention?