Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Gwen's Song ''Medicine Man'' Featured on Served Like A Girl Soundtrack

Quote Originally Posted by peek-a-boo View Post
    I wonder if this counts as a sample, though. I can't help but hearing Wrecking Ball.

I'm not accusing Gwen of plagiarism, but I know when she wants something to be on the same vein of something. Like, for example, the inspiration for Early Winter was Eyes Without A Face. And the chorus of Shine that sounds like Zombie by The Cranberries... You Make It Feel Like Christmas kind of sounds like You Can't Hurry Love... I swear White Christmas interpolates Can't Take My Eyes Off You, and My Gift Is You has the same chords as Stand By Me. Does she credit Stand By Me, though? If not, I think it's straight up rip-off... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwZNL7QVJjE
    #Reaching

Quote Originally Posted by peek-a-boo View Post
    I wonder if this counts as a sample, though. I can't help but hearing Wrecking Ball.

I'm not accusing Gwen of plagiarism, but I know when she wants something to be on the same vein of something. Like, for example, the inspiration for Early Winter was Eyes Without A Face. And the chorus of Shine that sounds like Zombie by The Cranberries... You Make It Feel Like Christmas kind of sounds like You Can't Hurry Love... I swear White Christmas interpolates Can't Take My Eyes Off You, and My Gift Is You has the same chords as Stand By Me. Does she credit Stand By Me, though? If not, I think it's straight up rip-off... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwZNL7QVJjE
    I don't hear any of this tbh...

Guys, why do I feel like Medicine Man it's not getting enough love from the fanbase? Come on, that song deserves more LOVE. Listen to it once again. It's so good, emotional and totally the opposite of what's being played on radio right now. I need u to appreciate it a little bit more... Thanks.

^ I already did. It’s a great song imo.

I didn’t buy it yet cause I refuse to buy the album, even if it’s for a good cause. I only care for 2 songs on it. I think it’s a stupid move cause I’m sure people would end up buying the songs they’re interest in, and help more. My 2 cents.
    "And I know we said we're gonna live in the moment"

Same peek a boo. I don’t want the whole album. I spin it daily on Apple radio but I haven’t spent any $ for it because I’m not a fan of 90% of the songs compiled for the soundtrack.

I would die for an album of songs like this from Gwen. Even a EP of softer and more personal songs would tide me over!
    Like a fresh battery, I'm energized by you!