Thread: post: your mobile/cell phone

Senior Member i'mjustagirlintheforum!'s Avatar

i'm currently using a samsung galaxy s i9000

i say currently using becuase my actual phone was the samsung galazy s captivate i897 (my baby/the ***)

but it keeps crashing bc of software problems hence i'm using my other one.
    both are technically the same phone under the hood 1 is the uk release and the second is the AT&T release. i had it rooted running cyanongen mod & miui so it worked more seamlessly than the one i'm stuck with now >=/ and i could delete all the stock apps i didnt want.

i'm kinda obsessed with smart phones i also own a htc salsa

its a piece of sh*t

i'm looking at getting another. i should just get my actuall phone fixed (the captivate - if i even can its hard to find places that repair software issues on rooted devices) but i got it fixed in november now its messing up again its like constant problems.

i keep looking at older models (android 2.3) as they're more reasonably priced & bc i'm still pay as you go. dont really want to go contract but i feel its better if something goes wrong with the phone.
    not sure if i should just sell up and go contract on a brand new phone. the sony xperia z is out soon it looks sleek as.

Oh that all sounds way too complicated to me! Haha :P I got the original iPhone back in 2007, upgraded two years later to the 3GS, then two years later to the 4S, so I'll probably update with the 5S/6/whatever is next as well. Same minutes/texts/data plan the whole time too.

It might be better to stay off contract if you really switch phones that much, but if you can see yourself sticking to one phone for awhile I'd just go with a new one. You get the new contract discount plus (to me) a new model seems cheaper in the long run. A few years ago it was really exciting to upgrade from the original iPhone to 3GS, and then to the 4S, but now I don't feel like I actually need to upgrade to the 5 or anything after that unless they really add something revolutionary. All the phones are so damn fast already and do everything, I don't see the need to change phones soon. So to me you get way more value out of a new model rather than an already outdated one (which will be even more outdated in a year or two).

Wow, there's more versions of the Samsung Galaxy than I thought. No wonder they sold 63 million of them last year compared to just 47 million iPhones.

Seriously just get an iPhone, you won't have to worry about all these different versions and operating systems. One new model every year, every phone uses the same OS so you never have "learn" how to use a new phone when you upgrade.

^Thanks BSO for the images! | Formerly Baker1000 | NNID: Baker1000

Senior Member i'mjustagirlintheforum!'s Avatar
    well the thing is my captivate when it worked was amazing. it was quick smooth everything i could ever want and i'd see myself sticking with it even though it is only 2.3
    but now its broke i dont really like the phone i us hence why i look for others.

at this point (with the captivate broken) i'd be happy to get a brand new phone but its stupid to get it on payg bc its super expensive then its like you have not much support if it breaks.
    i'm just weary of going contract. incase i go over my limits.
    also i initially had 2 smartphnes one for everyday use and 1 as a spare. the spare was used if i went out drinking etc i didnt want my phone to get lost stolen or damaged.
    if i go on contract and get a brand new phone it seems silly to have a spare but at the same time i cant imagine taking something on a drunken night out that costs like 500 when it could get lost damaged stolen

Find a geek forum for the phone you've got and I'm sure they'll know a way to fix it.

I thought I'd destroyed my android phone but a site helped me fix it, though all the settings were in French for a while 'til I worked out how to change that, now the phone has worked perfectly ever since.