Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gwen Stefani to headline Mystic Lake's Feb. 4 post-Super Bowl party

Quote Originally Posted by LeX View Post
    Because they are the bands songs too, it's another way the band has been forgotten about with all the focus being on Gwen. I don't think she talked to them about it and we know at least Tom isn't happy about it. I can see why she does it, she's obviously wanting to appeal to a wider audience rather than just fans. I think her Truth tour being a bit of a flop sent things in this direction. I would feel really uncomfortable watching her perform nd songs without the band. It's a shame as she has so many great solo songs, and I feel like it's done out of desperation rather than really wanting to do those songs alone, though who knows what her feelings are about it.
    Did Tom say something about it?

Quote Originally Posted by unknownchemicals View Post
    Did Tom say something about it?
    https://mobile.twitter.com/tomdumont...60890875584514

I'm somewhere in the middle on this issue. I have zero problem with Gwen OR the boys performing No Doubt songs. But i do wish Gwen had talked to them about it beforehand when she started doing so. I don't think there was any bad intent there, but i just think it would have been a nice thing to do.

^ Agreed. It was a little disrespectful on a professional and personal level IMHO. I was pretty surprised w her interview on Howard Stern when she basically confirmed she didn't talk to the boys about it.

I think Gwen crossed a line and as a result I personally think that's the end for ND. They clearly struggle to write together anymore, even if they wrote some new songs together Gwen could just perform them alone when it suited her. What's the point in even touring together now, it's clear Gwen doesn't need the rest of the band. Do they even talk any more? It's all so sad.

Be thankful our idol is still active, writing, releasing albums, and doing concerts, especially in places with relevance. At the end of the day it matters little whether she performs alone or with the band, because the moment she stops performing at all, that's it.
    So tell me what's so great about perfect?

Dude, Beyonce isn't doing concerts that consist of half destiny's child songs
    She frequently performs DC songs at her concerts.

https://youtu.be/CjRSBPHj-x8

Quote Originally Posted by HellaGoose View Post
    I'm somewhere in the middle on this issue. I have zero problem with Gwen OR the boys performing No Doubt songs. But i do wish Gwen had talked to them about it beforehand when she started doing so. I don't think there was any bad intent there, but i just think it would have been a nice thing to do.
    this

Quote Originally Posted by peek-a-boo View Post
    Be thankful our idol is still active, writing, releasing albums, and doing concerts, especially in places with relevance. At the end of the day it matters little whether she performs alone or with the band, because the moment she stops performing at all, that's it.
    You do realize this is a No Doubt board, right?

You do realize this is a No Doubt board, right?
    So tell me what's so great about perfect?